Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Hobby - Collecting Erasers

From today onward, beside posting weekly snapshots of on-going BTOs, Condominium and ECs projects, I will like to share my other hobby on this blog as well.

I have been collecting erasers since the age of 10 in the 80s. During recess (break) time, I will go to the school bookshop to look for any new eraser. As I do not have much pocket money then, I started my collection getting the 10 cents alphabet and flag erasers. The fancier type will cost a little bit more at 30 to 40 cents.

My first alphabet collection. Missing the 'E', 'H', 'N' & 'O'

Since then, I have been collecting erasers on and off. Getting them from the neighboring book stores, departmental stores, online, etc. Recently the bulk of my collection is bought from Taobao, a popular China online shopping website.

I am moving the photo from zaierasers.wordpress.com and eraserszai.blogspot.sg under one roof here so that it easier and more efficient to manage.Decide to let my erasers collection remains at zaierasers.wordpress.com afterall.
  


1 comment:

  1. Great hobby. Suggest you vacuum pack or repack them so keep them in good color over a long time. I used to use a 'pencil' type eraser with my manual typewriter, ie when I make mistakes it and need to wipe out the small error. Have you seen them; quite useful. Thanks again .... Mrs Jinder Lim

    ReplyDelete